My IPeople

Community discussion for IPeople products and services
Welcome to My IPeople Sign in | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums

Alternative Routine for viewing Meditech Data Definitions (MAGIC)

Last post 11-26-2008, 5:57 AM by Brian. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-13-2007, 1:47 PM 470

Alternative Routine for viewing Meditech Data Definitions (MAGIC)

There is an alternative method for viewing Meditech Data Definitions that will show all of their segments. 

Step 1: Create a report with Report DPM NPR.PROC with any report title you like.

Step 2: Add a Report Title and Active field of Y.

Step 3: Add Select Field COMMON.free with operator IG and Prompt PLEASE SELECT AN OPTION

Step 4: File and translate your report.

Step 5: Use option 8 (Edit Elements) to add the following attributes to the COMMON.c.free field:

CH=DPM,SEG,ELE
     FCL1=IF{$FE.NPR.DDEF.VIEW $["FE.NPR.DDEF.VIEW"](A)X;
     FCL1=@W.err("The view routine does not exist on your system.")},
     FCL1=231^/Z^t,""^A
     PRE1=A~$L.TO.U^A

The DPM option allows you to pick a DPM and view the Data Definitions.  SEG allows you to be more exact and pick both a DPM and Segment, while ELE allows you to pick both a DPM and a Field.  After picking an option, you can type ? to get a pop-up window explaining the keystrokes to use to navigate the screens.

•  10-28-2008, 12:32 PM 670 in reply to 470

Re: Alternative Routine for viewing Meditech Data Definitions (MAGIC)

Is it possible to harm the system with report? Should it only be done in test?

I am under the impression that as long as we are not deleting data, or writing data to the database then it should not corrupt any data.  

•  11-26-2008, 5:57 AM 680 in reply to 670

Re: Alternative Routine for viewing Meditech Data Definitions (MAGIC)

There is no harm in running this report.  It is a view-only routine and does nothing more than display data.
View as RSS news feed in XML